Thursday, September 27, 2018

2 Corinthians 4:13

Below is the first post from my other blog. Although I am not currently doing a bible study outside of what is given by the pastor regarding our vision and mission statements, what is written below still holds very true today. "We can choose to tear down or build up...the words that we use to communicate will tell what the condition of the heart."

believe and therefore speak

2 Corinthians 4:13 ~ It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,  ~ Now you know where the name “believe and therefore speak” came from. What does this mean to me? Right now at this time of my life, it means a lot to me, the Lord has stretched me so much that I find myself pulling back from Him often. I have always been one to hold back what’s in my heart and keep it to myself, the last six months I have been doing a study about believing God, not about “do I believe in God” but “do I believe God” do I believe He is who He says He is, and do I believe He will do what He says He will do. It really has been an eye-opener for me and a heart opener! About six weeks into this study this verse (2 Cor. 4:13) was used in conjunction with the use of our words, we can choose to tear down or build up…the words that we use to communicate will tell what the condition of the heart.