Monday, October 15, 2018

Sometimes Life Sucks!

There I said it! And yes, sometimes life sucks. While my dad is going through whatever he is going through, wait, let me back up here. Dad's open heart surgery was a success, however, whatever is causing problems with his esophagus or voice box to where he is not able to eat or speak clearly is bringing him down quickly. He is so weak, and I'm starting to think he is not going to survive or that he doesn't want to continue living. He is going to have a procedure done this morning that involves a type of scope so the doctor can see into his esophagus. Lord, please let this procedure be helpful in diagnosing what is going on with my dad. Be with the doctors, nurses and all the other staff as they care for my dad.
As I was saying in the beginning, while all this is going on, I need to be mindful of caring for myself as well, or I won't be worth ... a dime.

What does caring for myself look like?

  • Keep in God's word! To start, I looked up "Life Sucks" (had to) out of the list of scriptures I chose Philippians 2:16 ...as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.   I read this as holding firm to Gods word and being able to boast of Christ, everything I do will not be in vain.
  • Need to find a way to sleep all night, these 3-4 hour nights are getting to me.
  • Yoga, yoga does the body good!
  • Don't overeat! Try to plan beforehand.
  • Even though I know God's got me and he got my dad. It's okay to feel what I feel even if others don't understand and seem to think I can just turn it off. An example, "don't stress" or "you shouldn't have to stress over this, call me" really? Calling you, is going to relieve my stress?
  • Breath and breath some more!
I think for now this is good. Journaling should be added to the list of caring for myself.

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me, loving my dad, and loving my everyone else!